The above two pictures are sites located within the Lower Salford Township Park System that are operated by the Lower Salford Historical Society. Preservation efforts of both sites are on-going throughout the year. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on either site.
Below are some artifacts that are in our collection.
Photograph (above) of the demolition of the former Alderfer Family Farm on Route 113 below Lederach, PA. The front house dates to the mid to late 19th century, the center "box" of the home dates earlier and the back addition with bell tower was not dated. The barn was an early Lower Salford barn (date uncertain) that was renovated circa 1888. All of what you see is now gone, and it is now part of the Lederach Country Club that is still under construction and development.
Please report any bad links or incorrect information contained in this web site directly to email@example.com or send via snail mail to: Lower Salford Historical Society, Attention: Web Administrator, PO Box 150, Lederach, PA 19450. LSHS
Above photograph is an old fanning mill that was donated by the Lukens Family; right is a corn row planter donated by the Hunsberger Family, which originally came out of the barn where the present-day Harleysville Car Wash is now standing on Main Street (Route 63); the photo to the bottom right is of various artifacts that are in storage and are not able to be displayed yet; the bottom photo is of another artifact that came from Lower Salford Township. It was found on a barn that was torn down some time during the 1970's along Alderfer Road. The date found on the bottom of the board reads "1908" and the initials above the date read "J. M. A."